Welcome to the Differential Privacy Wiki
This is a wiki for information about differential privacy. Currently contributions are restricted to registered users. You may also wish to join the Differentially Private Mailing List.
Jump off points:
- Economics and Differential Privacy (economic approaches for setting ε, using DP for releasing economic data, etc.)
- Programming Languages and Differential Privacy
- Differential Privacy Courses — A collection of course offerings (mostly in the US).
"Differential Privacy" is capitalized when referring to:
- The *invention* called Differential Privacy, invented by by Dwork, McSherry, Nissim and Smith in 2006.
The phrase "differential privacy" is *not* capitalized when:
- The word "differential" is being used to modify the word "privacy."
- The technology described in the 2005 patent, "Differential data privacy."
Tutorials and recent talks
- "Differential Privacy in the Wild: A Tutorial on Current Practices and Open Challenges," Ashwin Machanavajjhala, SIGMOD 2017 part1 part2
- "Challenges of Differential Privacy in Practice," Dan Kifer, Theory and Practice of Differential Privacy (TPDP) 2017. slides
- "Differential Privacy: From Theory to Deployment," Adhradeep Guha Thakurta, 26th Usenix Security Symposium (Security 2017). video
- "Differential Privacy: A Primer for a Non-technical Audience", Kobbi Nissim, Thomas Steinke, Alexandra Wood, Micah Altman, Aaron Bembenek, Mark Bun, Marco Gaboardi, David R. O’Brien, and Salil Vadhan, Harvard Privacy Tools Project, February 14, 2018
- Differential privacy foundational papers
- Differential privacy style guide
- Open problems in differential privacy
Resources and References
Welcome to the Wiki! If you wish to make contributions, please request an account.